Pala, CA – The Pala Tobacco Program announces the Community Health Worker Certificate Program.
UC San Diego Community Health Worker Certificate
Participants will be eligible for the following completion of training:
- Apprenticeships that can lead to employment or internships
- Advanced training in Healthcare support staff, Soft Skills, or leadership and Self-Care Training
- High-level coaching to become trainers in CHW in their communities
Community Health Workers for Advancing Public Health
UC San Diego SHIFA360 HRSA
The University of California San Diego (UCSD), in partnership with community organizations, health care centers, and apprenticeship placement partners, is leading a Community Health Worker (CHW) training program to develop capacity in Native American communities and in Immigrant/refugee organizations.
The basic CHW training program:
- Hybrid training, both online and in-person options, will be available
- Selection and interview of eligible candidates
- Initial 30 hours of CHW training
Financial Support Available
Full tuition fee • Childcare Cost • Travel Cost • Other eligible expenses