COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Updated Friday, September 18, 2020, at 9:43 a.m.
- Number of confirmed cases in Pala: 76 76 (+0)
- Number of confirmed cases in San Diego County: 43,445 43,619 (+174)
- Number of confirmed deaths in San Diego County: 748 754 (+6)
- Number of confirmed cases in Riverside County: 56,201 56,374 (+173)
- Number of confirmed deaths in Riverside County: 1,136 1,143 (+7)
Be aware that the number of confirmed cases DOES NOT INCLUDE individuals who have the virus but are showing no symptoms or are experiencing mild or moderate symptoms but have not sought medical care or testing.
- Community Updates, 7/28
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak – Cancellations, Closures, and Alerts, 3/20
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak – What You Need to Know, 3/31
- CDC Youtube Channel, 3/20
- CDC Face Coverings Do’s and Don’ts, 5/27
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Announcement: ICDBG CARES Act (Imminent Threat) Grant Award
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Notice: Health Screenings Required to Enter the Pala Admin Building and Cloth Face Coverings Required to Enter Tribal Facilities
- Pala Casino. The Pala Casino is opening May 22, 2020
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Notice: Cloth Face Coverings Required to Enter Tribal Facilities
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Community Notice: Letter from Chairman Smith & COVID-19 Updates
- SCTCA Tribal TANF Program. Notice: SCTCA Tribal TANF Non-recurrent Short-term Benefits
- County of San Diego. San Diego County Public Health Order (Updated 4/10/20) San Diego County has issued an updated public health order as of Friday, April 10, 2020. The update tightens the order to include a prohibition on gatherings of any size, whereas previously it prohibited gatherings of 10 people or more and merely recommended against gatherings of fewer than 10 people.
- County of San Diego. Public Notice: County of San Diego Health Order and Facial Coverings
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Announcement: Postponement of 46th Annual Cupa Days, Announcement: Postponement of Kupa Cemetery Warner’s Gathering, Announcement: Cancellation of 2020 Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- SDG&E Service. SDG&E Services during COVID-19 Stay at Home Order.
- Pala Band of Mission Indians. Public Notice: PBMI Declares a Public Health Emergency
- Fox Raceway, Pala Skatepark, and Pala Fitness Center. These facilities have temporarily suspended all operations. Announcement: Temporary Closure of Raceway, Skatepark, and Fitness Center
- State of California. Governor Gavin Newsom Issues Stay at Home Order. The State of California has ordered all residents to stay at home until further notice. Everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance. [see COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak – Cancellations, Closures, and Alerts below]
- Senior Meals. In-person daily meals for seniors at Pala Administration building will be discontinued as of Monday, March 23, until further notice. The kitchen will continue to operate to prepare and deliver daily meals. To sign up for delivery, Pala seniors can contact Shannon Cagey at 760-891-3505 or Samantha Scott at 760-891-3507.
- Propane. Pala residents are advised to check their propane supplies and be sure to have 6 to 8 weeks’ worth on hand. Fallbrook Propane is accepting checks and credit cards only.
- SDG&E Service. SDG&E has temporarily suspended all service disconnections until further notice.
- Indian Health Council. Indian Health Council in Rincon has set up a COVID-19 Page and Triage Nurse Line: 760-751-6019. Call before coming to the clinic if you have a non-urgent health problem. All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the clinic.
- Pala Mini Mart. The Pala Mini Mart will temporarily be operating on a modified schedule: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Pala Casino. Pala Band of Mission Indians Announces Temporary Closure of Pala Casino to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19