Rez Radio 91.3
click to: Listen Now
The Wolfman Jack Show - a Rez Radio SoCal Exclusive!
The Wolfman Jack Show airs every Tuesday through Friday from 6 to 7pm and Saturdays from 6 to 10pm. Relive the golden era of one of the best radio disc jockeys ever! We're the only station in San Diego, LA or the Inland Empire where you can still hear the Wolfman.
Fans of Old Time Radio, We've Got You Covered!
Enjoy comedy, drama and variety from the 30s, 40s and 50s every night at midnight and Sunday afternoons from 1 to 4p Pacific time. (pictured above - real-life husband and wife Jim and Marian Jordan, the stars of Fibber McGee & Molly)
- Mondays - The Great Gildersleeve / Pat Novak for Hire
- Tuesdays - Gunsmoke / The Aldrich Family
- Wednesdays - Fibber McGee & Molly / Red Skelton
- Thursdays - Dragnet / Jack Benny
- Fridays - The Life of Riley / Suspense
- Saturdays - Tales of the Texas Rangers / Abbott & Costello
- Sundays - My Favorite Husband / Johnny Dollar
- Sunday afternoons - different episodes of Gunsmoke, My Favorite Husband, Dragnet and Fibber McGee
Rez Radio in the News
Honors From the Radio Television News Association of Southern California and the San Diego Press Club.
Pala Today has been honored by the San Diego Press Club with The Award of Excellence for Best Radio Newscast in San Diego County five years in a row (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016). Additionally, Rez Radio's "Galaxy Moonbeam Night Site" nostalgia talk show, heard Wednesdays at 12:30p, repeating Sundays at 1:30 won awards for talk and interview shows for the last four years. Eric Ortega's "Pala Life Past and Present" won 1st place in the Talk/Interview category 2014. Eric also won BEST OF SHOW, RADIO that year for Pala Life. The show placed again in 2016. Rez Radio has taken home 15 total awards in our five-year history competing.
Rez Radio 91.3's "Pala Today News at Noon" was first runner-up for Best Radio Newscast (div. B, over 15 min.) in the Radio Television News Association of Southern California's 2014 Golden Mike awards which includes stations from San Diego to Fresno.
Like Rez Radio On Facebook
http://Facebook.com/RezRadio for the lighter side
Follow Rez Radio On Twitter
http://twitter.com/@RezRadioFM for news updates 24/7
Another Great Way to Listen to Rez Radio
Rez Radio streams live on iHeartRadio. Click here to download the free app that matches your phone, iPad or other streaming device, search "Rez Radio" and save us as a favorite for easy access anywhere you go.
How to Listen Everywhere You Go
We have an excellent FM signal on the Pala Reservation. Everywhere else, not so much. But you can still hear us anywhere in the world you have an Internet connection, including on your phone as you drive. If you're on your desktop or laptop, paste this web address into your browser (Explorer, Chrome, Foxfire, etc.) and save it as a favorite http://22.214.171.124:8080/stream.m3u . On your smart phone, download the free TuneIn.com app for Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Palm or Windows phone. Search "Rez Radio" and save us as a "favorite". Most newer car radios have either Bluetooth or a mini-phone jack that will allow you to plug into the output of your cell phone's headphone jack. All you need is a cable with stereo mini-phone plugs at both ends. Choose the Rez Radio preset on TuneIn.com and you're rockin' down the highway. Enjoy!
For those with only a plain telephone, you can dial up this number to listen for free. Calls use plan minutes and long distance charges, if any, will apply.
Pala Life Past and Present...
... shows are now available as podcasts. Hear past interviews with elders and other tribal members, learn Cupeno words and phrases and hear local birdsongs. Click here.
"Brunch With Bob and Friends" is on Rez Radio
The long-running popular reggae show produced by Tommy Hough, "Brunch With Bob and Friends'" home is Rez Radio 91.3 every Sunday from 9a to noon. The best three hours of reggae anywhere! Miyaxwe Nepew'em to Tommy and BWB fans!
IMPORTANT Info From the San Diego County Office of Emergency Services
Reverse 9-1-1 calling notified residents of the Rancho Heights and upper Magee Road areas about evacuation from the recent Queen Mountain Fire. If you rely primarily on or prefer cell phone and email for emergency communications, you should register with “Ready San Diego” for notifications from officials about emergency situations. Only land lines are automatically included in reverse 9-1-1 notifications. You need to register your cell phone and email with the county if that’s how you want to be contacted. Here’s the link from the San Diego County Office of Emergency Services … http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/oes/ready/signup.html
Current Rez Radio Programming Lineup
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your snail mail address and we'll send you a current program schedule or reply to you with a current schedule attached - your choice. Let us know either way. Current as of 12/8/16.
- M-F 9a – “Democracy Now!”– a daily independent global news hour hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez – 60 min – live – from Pacifica network
- M-F 10a - “Native America Calling” – live national call-in talk – 60 min – live – from NV1 network
- M-F 12noon - “Pala Today” – local news, sports, business, weather and features with John Fox – 30 min – live
- Every night at 7p – “Rez Radio Reggae Hour” – “Rez Dub Reggae with Elijah” Wed and Sun or “Reggae from the Vault” other nights – 60 min – recorded
- Every night at midnight - “The Old Time Radio Hour” featuring network radio drama, comedy and variety from the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: Mon- “The Great Gildersleeve” and “Pat Novak for Hire”, Tues – “Gunsmoke” and “The Aldrich Family”, Wed – “Fibber McGee and Molly” and “Red Skelton”, Thur – “Dragnet” and “Jack Benny”, Fri – “The Life of Riley” and “Suspense”, Sat –“Tales of the Texas Rangers”and “Abbott and Costello”, Sun – “My Favorite Husband” and “Johnny Dollar” – 60 min recorded (a looooooong time ago)
- Mon 11a - "The Treatment" - host Elvis Mitchell interviews movers and shakers from the world of movies, popular art and entertainment - 30 min – recorded – from KCRW, Santa Monica
- Mon 11:30a, repeats Tues 12:30p – “Left, Right and Center” – politics, policy and pop culture with Robert Scheer and Rich Lowry – 30 min – recorded – from KCRW, Santa Monica
- Mon 12:30p, repeats Sat 7:30a – “Pala Life: Past and Present” – native culture, language and interviews with elders hosted by Eric Ortega . Podcasts available at http://palalifepastandpresent.podbean.com – 30 min – recorded
- Mon 6p, repeats Fri 11a –“Back in the Day” – Doots and Darlene host an hour of personally selected music and reminisce about good times on the Rez in Pala. – 60 min – recorded
- Tues 11a – “Good Food” – host Evan Kleiman looks at cultures through their food customs, unusual restaurants, the politics of food and the people involved – 60 min – recorded – from KCRW, Santa Monica
- Tues 1p - “Mark’s Groovy Trip” – Top 40 ‘70’s music and trivia with Mark Gleason. Podcasts available at http://mandmsgroovytrip.podbean.com – 3 hours – live
- Tues thru Sat 6p – “The Wolfman Jack Show” – hits of the 50’s through 70’s hosted by the legendary Wolfman Jack – 60 min Tue-Fri, 4 hours Sat - recorded
- Wed 11a – “Between the Lines” with Scott Harris – weekly analysis of news stories that are not in the headlines – 30 minutes – recorded from Pacifica network
- Wed 11:30a – “Radio Curious” with Barry Vogel covering a wide array of topics concerning life and ideas – 30 minutes – recorded from Pacifica network
- Wed 12:30p, repeat Sun 1:30p – “Galaxy Moonbeam Night Site” with Gilbert Smith, Mike Bragg and the Galaxy Moonbeam Gang talking about the history of media, pop culture and stuff related to the baby boomer generation. Podcasts available at the GMNS web site – 30 min - recorded
- Wed 7p – “Rez Dub Reggae” – host Elijah Duro– 60 min - recorded
- Thur 11a – “American Indian Living” – host David DeRose MD discussing health issues in Indian country – 60 min – recorded
- Thurs 12:30p – “Rootstock Radio” – host Theresa Marquez with interviews on a variety of subjects important to your good health – 30 min – recorded
- Fri 12:30p – “Sea Change Radio” – with Alex Wise … environmental awareness in the 21st century – 30 minutes – recorded from Pacifica Network.
- Fri 5p – “One Track Beyond” – host Roy Robertson plays one classic rock hit followed by a track you may not have heard before from the same album – 60 min - recorded
- Fri 8p – “Songs of the Southwest – Bird-style”- native music from all over California and the Four Corners states hosted by Eric Ortega – 30 min – recorded
- Sat 7a -“Talking Drum” – native music from various pow wows and other recordings from NV1 – 30 min – recorded
- Sat 8a, repeats Sun 9p – “Earthsongs” – an hour of contemporary native music hosted by Alexis Sallee from the NV1 network – 60 min - recorded
- Sat 9a – “Voices From the Circle” – Traditional and contemporary native music, storytelling and current events with hosts Jim DeNomie, Barbara Jersey and Shadow – 60 min – recorded
- Sat 10a, repeats Sun 8p –“Rockin’ the Rez” – an hour of eclectic folk, rock, native and many other styles of music and interviews with performers hosted by local musician Joel Rafael – 60 min – recorded
- Sat 11p – “Futuresound” – electronic music hosted by Cuscino – 60 minutes – recorded
- Sun 9a-noon – “Brunch with Bob and Friends” – Bob Marley and other classic Jamaican reggae with host Tommy Hough – 3 hours – recorded
- Sun 1p – Old Time Radio show “Gunsmoke” – originally aired on CBS Radio in the 1940s and 50s starring William Conrad. A different episode also heard Tuesday at midnight – 30 min – recorded
- Sun 2p – Old Time Radio show “My Favorite Husband” – originally aired on CBS Radio in the 1940s and 50’s starring Lucille Ball. A different episode also heard Sunday at midnight – 30 min – recorded
- Sun 2:30p – Old Time Radio show “Dragnet” – originally aired on NBC Radio in the 1950s starring Jack Webb. A different episode also heard Thursday at midnight – 30 minutes – recorded
- Sun 3p - “Classic Country Saloon” – country music from the 1930s to 1980s – 30 min – recorded
- Sun 3:30p – Old Time Radio show “Fibber McGee and Molly” – originally aired on NBC Radio in the 1940’s and 50’s. A different episode also heard Wednesday at midnight – 30 minutes – recorded
- Sun 4p – “Jack’s Tracks” – rock, folk and blues including many local performers, hosted by Chris Carmichael – 3hrs – recorded
- Sun 7p – “Rez Dub Reggae encore” – previously aired Rez Dub shows with Elijah – 60 min – recorded
- Sun 8p – “Rockin’ the Rez”– repeat of the previous Sat 10a show hosted by Joel Rafael – 60 min – recorded
- Sun 10P – “Beale Street Caravan” – an hour of Delta blues music and conversation with Memphis Tee and Heather Blue – 60 min- recorded
- Sun 11p – “Juke in the Back” – an hour of 1940s and 50s Rhythm and Blues hosted by Matt the Cat – 60 min – recorded – from Pacifica network
Be a Pala Rez Radio™ Volunteer / Hero!
Volunteer airshifts and other positions at the station are available. Right now, Pala Rez Radio™ very much needs clerical and audio production help ... call for details. Claim your own hour or two per week playing your favorite music or just host our usual Pala Rez Radio™ 91.3 FM music mix. Talk about hobbies, current affairs, or whatever you like. Amaze your friends and neighbors! We welcome whatever you have to offer that will enrich life here in Pala. Your show might even lead to a new career. For those who believe in our mission here on the Rez' but don't want to be on the air, we have need for production assistants, show curators, an Internet and I/T specialist and funding development specialist. Contact John at 760 742 4200 or email@example.com
Map to determine who’s responsible for your local fire protection http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_prevention/fhsz_maps/fhsz_maps_sandiego.php
Wildfire season in Pala never ends. Look over this checklist prepared by CalFire to see if you’re ready http://www.readyforwildfire.org/
In an emergency, one of Pala Rez RadioTM's resources for obtaining information is local amateur radio operators. Even if you don’t have a Ham license you can monitor their frequencies: Fallbrook repeater 146.175, Palomar repeater 146.730, RACES repeater 147.195, on any radio that receives the 2 meter band. There are “smart phone” apps that do this too.
The California Department of Forestry's frequency is 151.190 and the CHP is 39.800.
NOAA weather band radio … 162.525 Mhz is the strongest of seven signals for Pala or www.noaa.gov
National Poison Control Center – 800 222 1222
California Department of Public Health Information Line: (916) 341-3947; Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/RadiationFAQS2011.aspx
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC): http://www.nrc.gov/
California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA): http://www.oes.ca.gov/
County of San Diego Office of Emergency Services: www.ReadySanDiego.org/
Bill Horn, San Diego County 5th District Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org - 619 531 5555
State Sen. Joel Anderson's Temecula Office - 951 676 1020 - email
State Assemblyman Kevin Jeffries' Murrieta Office - 951 894 1232 - email
Pala Skate Park Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pala-Skate-Park/131893240216737
Pala Raceway – motorcycle and ATV track http://www.palaraceway.com/
Information on the proposed Gregory Canyon landfill. www.savegregorycanyon.org
Road closures during severe weather events from the County Public Works Department http://www.sdcdpw.org/emergency only available during severe weather
Check the status of local road and transit projects: http://www.keepsandiegomoving.com/home.aspx
CA Route 76 S. Mission Rd to I-15 Draft Environmental Impact Report: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/Env_docs/SR-76easteir.pdf
FEMA natural disaster and emergency prep tips at http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/oes/ready/
Live fire-monitoring cameras including Red Mountain, Fallbrook http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/
Live webcam on top of Palomar Mountain http://palomarmountainwebcam.com/ and a guide to what you’re seeing on this webcam at http://tchester.org/temp/palomar/palomar%20webcam_label.jpg
U.S Geological Survey, recent earthquake activity map http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/special/California_Nevada.php
Fallbrook High School http://www.fallbrookhs.org/index.jsp
Valley Center High School http://vchs.vcpusd.net/
Great Oaks High School in Temecula http://gohs.tvusd.k12.ca.us/
Save time searching online with quick, organized listings of all major websites www.AllMyFaves.com
Consumer Advocate Clark Howard’s website – tons of useful links at http://clarkhoward.com/
Business and auto-related news links at Ed Wallace’s website, http://www.insideautomotive.com/