NOTICE – Weather Alert for 11/26 through 12/1.
PALA, CA – Pala will be impacted by a storm that will bring high levels of rain from Tuesday night (11/26) through Saturday (maybe even Sunday 12/1).
HIGH IMPACT HOLIDAY WINTER STORM – KEY POINTS
- A major winter storm will impact Southern California Wednesday morning through Friday
- Significant snowfall will fall in the mountains with high impact to travel – accumulating snow through most mountain passes.
- Light snow accumulations possible in the high desert Thursday afternoon into Friday.
- Widespread moderate to locally heavy rain; Localized flash flooding and debris flows possible
** STRONG Rain Event for the entire Southern California region. This new storm will impact driving, especially during the Thanksgiving holiday. There is currently a FLASH FLOOD WATCH (late Tuesday night through Thursday evening) and a WINTER STORM WARNING (snow impacts).
- Warmer, atmospheric river rain will hit us Tuesday night through Wednesday night (largest rain impact)
- The colder portion of the storm (more showers) will hit us Thursday, Friday, & Saturday (snow levels will drop)
- Heaviest Rain [Wednesday– Thursday night, especially on Thanksgiving Day]
- Expect localized flash flooding (especially Thursday night)
- § 1.5” – 2” in Pala/Temecula area
- § 3-4” Palomar Mountain
- Isolated thunderstorms (late Wed afternoon – Friday afternoon)(rain rates: 0.40” – 0.60”/hour)
- Expected snow 1-2 feet above 5500’ (Palomar Mountain); 1 inch of snow possible down to 3000’
- Thursday night/Friday – much colder & snow levels will drop to 3000’ (maybe even 2000’)
- § Driving impacts to: Ortega Highway; I-15/Cajon Pass; and 8/San Diego County mountains
- Strong west winds (especially in the high desert)
- Wind gusts: up to 40mph/mountain areas; up to 30mph / Pala-Temecula area
** Weather Updates: https://www.weather.gov/sgx/
** Webcam: http://www.sdcfcd.org/colegraderoadpublic.html (Cole Grade Road, where the San Luis Rey River crosses over the road.)
** CalTrans: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ (Road Closures)