Title: GIS Intern I
Status: Unpaid /Temporary / Part-Time
Supervisor: GIS Specialist
This is an unpaid, temporary, part-time position. A minimum of 16 hours per week must be worked to maintain internship. Works under the direction of the GIS Specialist to assist in running and maintaining the Tribe’s GIS program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scans and organizes paper records / digital records.
- Assists the GIS Specialist in:
- Fulfilling map and GIS data requests.
- Updating and maintaining the Tribe’s GIS datasets, geodatabase, and excel records.
- Maintaining the Tribe’s Enterprise Geodatabase and GIS Web Portal.
- Creating new GIS data as needed through various methods such as manual data entry/georeferencing/digitizing from paper records, AutoCAD drawing conversion, and GPS data collection in the field.
- Maintaining data integrity through data verification, quality assurance, and quality control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of what GIS is and how it is used.
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Pro 2.x, ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS for Server and Portal for ArcGIS is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of map production and basic cartography.
- Knowledge of scanning and plotting equipment.
- An AA degree, a certificate in GIS, ESRI course completion, and/or prior GIS work experience is a plus but not required. The ideal candidate must have the desire and ability to learn and acquire new knowledge/skills on-the-job (both with assistance and independently) to accomplish assigned tasks/projects.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, email.)
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace (including marijuana) as a condition of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians. Must pass pre-internship and random drug testing during the internship.
- Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members. Pala Band of Mission Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND/OR APPLICATION TO:
Pala Band of Mission Indians
Human Resources Department Attn: Rebecca Johnson
PMB#50 35008 Pala Temecula Road
Pala, CA 92059
Apply online at http://www.palatribe.com/community/jobs/
Fax Resume: 1-760-888-1980
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED