Title: Temporary TDV Cable Installer
Status: Temporary / Fulltime / Piece Rate
Supervisor: Tribal Chairman
Under the supervision of the Tribal Chairman, the TDV Cable Installer will work with the SCTCA to assist with preparing homes for various scheduled cable projects. This position must ensure that the assigned duties are prioritized and completed in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs minor construction tasks including drilling, installing cables, patching drywall, minor painting, and light carpentry work.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Monitors daily work calendar to coordinate and perform designated tasks.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Keeps Tribal Chairman informed of all pertinent information such as changes in schedule, days off, and other employment-related changes.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Tribal Chairman.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, and equipment used to complete the necessary tasks.
- Knowledge of the operation and care of equipment, tools, and supplies used relating to the job.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy physical work with prolonged standing and walking for extended periods, stretching, bending, and pushing, stooping, climbing, crouching, crawling, moving, lifting, and carrying loads weighing between 50-100 pounds.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years of construction experience.
- Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace (including marijuana) as a condition of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members. Pala Band of Mission Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND/OR APPLICATION TO:
Pala Band of Mission Indians
Human Resources Department – Attn: Rebecca Johnson
PMB#50 35008 Pala Temecula Road
Pala, CA 92059
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com