12802 Highway 76
Pala, CA 92059
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
*(loads only accepted until 3:45 pm)
The Pala Transfer Station will be closed on Monday, May 27, in observation of Memorial Day.
One of the most important things the Pala Environmental Department does is manage solid waste on the reservation. We’re talking about everything from household garbage to hazardous waste, old tires, food waste, yard trimmings, construction debris, and more. We have several grant funded programs that give us the resources we need to keep trash from polluting our community.
The centerpiece of our solid waste program is the Pala Transfer Station. At the Transfer Station, you can drop off:
- Household garbage
- Green waste such as yard trimmings and grass (free for Pala tribal members)
- Old tires (MAXIMUM OF 9 PER MONTH)
- Household hazardous waste (old paint, motor oil, cleaning products, etc.)
- We hold FREE quarterly HHW drop-off events! Each week-long event starts on the second Monday of January, April, July, and October.
- We charge a fee starting at $1.00/item during all other times.
- Electronic waste (old TVs, computers, cell phones, etc.)
- Reusable clothes and other household items (we make sure these items find new homes)
For our fee schedule, recycling information, green waste regulations, and more, click here.
Rules and Regulations:
- All prices are subject to change based on materials being disposed (e.g. heavier materials such as construction debris will be charged at a higher rate than what is listed on the fee schedule)
- Prices are non-negotiable
- Cash only
- Please separate the loads – Co-mingled Trash Discounts Available (Subject to our discretion)
- No Bartering/Trading/Selling or Exchanges
- No scavenging through waste storage areas including Scrap Metal, Waste Tires and Green Waste Collection
- California Recycling Center – Plastic (CRV); Aluminum and Glass
- Waste Tire Collection Site – Prices for waste tires = $5 PASSENGER / $10 SUV / $15 TRUCK
- E-Waste Collection Site – TVs, monitors, laptops, ANYTHING ELECTRONIC (takes batteries or uses a cord); disposal prices start at $1/item
- White Goods Collection Site – Disposal Costs for W/D = $5; Fridge = $10-20; Sofas/Mattress – $5-$20
- Clothes Donation Site – No Charge
- Periodic Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events (second week of January, April, July, and October)
- You can also buy mulch at the Pala Transfer Station. We take green waste and run in through a chipper and a screen to produce a mulch that is great for orchards and gardens.
If you want help cleaning up your yard, disposing of old electronics or appliances you no longer want, or those household chemicals you no longer need, feel free to call the transfer station at 760-742-1781.
If you live on the Pala Reservation, we can help you get rid of all of that stuff, for little to no cost.